Wednesday 1 May 2013

Spring Matchbox

Hello lovelies,

On this beautiful sunny day I thought I'd share a recent project that was a load of fun to put together. It was for a filled matchbox swap in a Spring theme.

The idea of a matchbox swap is to decorate a normal size matchbox in the given theme as well as filling it up with a number of goodies. I love Spring, so it wasn't too hard to let my imagination soar with this one.



Matchbox top
 I chose watercolours and white to be the main colour palette for the matchbox. I used a watercolour butterfly and flower as the main images and added sparklies in the form of glitter pens and craft gems. the butterfly on the button was stamped with Stayz-on ink and it's a great way of embellishing your projects if you need that little something different.  Some pink twine tied together the whole look quite nicely (haha).


Open matchbox with content

The content of the box was a mixture of various Spring themed items that included tiny diecuts, small notepad sheets, charms, brads, beads, stickers and a tiny little plate from a children's tea set.

Happiness and sunshine to you
Mar

No comments: