Tuesday 7 May 2013

A whole bunch of ATC's

Hi everyone,

I make ATC's. They are truly a fun way to experiment and create art pieces.

So what are ATC's? Well, they are Artist Trading Cards that measure 2.3 x 2.5". The only rules in making ATC's is the size and that you trade them. If you want to sell them, they are called ACEO's. I stick to trading them via Swap-bot, so they are ATC's for me :)

So with that said you can basically look at an ATC as a blank canvas that you build up from. I have seen them made from cloth (like a mini quilt), I have seen them in thread (like Cross-stitching), metal, plastic, recycled material etc. I love sticking to paper. I get to try out different techniques and the shipping cost is low. For the blog I will look beyond paper and try some mixed media fun.

So here are some I have made over the last little while. I'll do one of these 'batch' updates every now and then on here to capture a load of them in one go. Who doesn't like eye candy anyway?

Postage stamp ATC's - flower and butterfly

A bunch of balloons for the dark-at-heart ;)

Giving Zentangling a go

Watercolour on yellow ATC

Book page ATC - Love letter

Book page ATC - butterfly stories. The little book even flips!

Stamped woodlands ATC
Mail art ATC

Do you have a favourite amongst them? Mine is the woodlands one - shhh.

Cheerio
Mar

No comments: